Saturday, October 31, 2009

Landscape masonry edicate...

As I have always mentioned before... Landscape Architecture is about using materials from an existing structure to bring into the landscape and tie things together. This particular project was about just that...

The homeowner was very fun to work with from the start. When I first arrived on his project he asked me to drive up and down his street and pay attention to all the homes on his street....look at all the landscape ideas they have done....then come back and show him something different!!! (I like a challenge!)

I did exactly that and came up with the walls and pillars matching the stonework on the home. I decided to go with squares and rectangles as the paving shapes for the pathway rather than sweeping curved lines.

In the end, the client was very pleased and the look of the landscape was said to bring a bit of the old Forest Hill in Toronto look... into the Suburbs of the G.T.A. (Greater Toronto Area).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, what variety of paver did you use there? It really fits with the house well and I love the random/ashlar pattern. Just curious if it's a paver I am familiar with.


Jim Lewis, Paver Patio Contractor Portland Oregon

Paul Corsetti (416)455-5515 said...

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments...

The pavers used in this front yard were from Permacon. I believe it was the Trafalgar paver mixed with the Quadral paver as the boarders. The steps were made from natural stone.

Outer Banks Yard Girl said...

I love the shapes and design on the stone work. Very beautiful.